Welcome to Little Angels
Little Angels Nursery EYFS Curriculum
Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to fulfil their potential as a child’s experience in the early years has a great impact on their future. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework provides assurances that our nursery will keep your child safe and support them in order to thrive.
The over reaching aim of the EYFS is to support young children to achieve the every child matters outcomes:
- Staying safe
- Being healthy
- Enjoying and achieving
- Making a positive contribution
- Achieving economic well-being
The EYFS principle guides the work throughout our nursery and is grouped into 4 main themes:
- A UNIQUE CHILD: recognises that every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured. The commitments are focused around development; inclusion; safety and health and well-being.
- POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS: describes how children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or key person. The commitments are focused around respect; partnerships with parents; supporting learning and the role of the key person.
- ENABLING ENVIRONMENTS: explains that the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning. The commitments are focused around observation, assessment and planning; support for every child; the learning environment; and the wider context – transitions, continuity and multi-agency working.
- LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT: recognises that children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and that all areas of learning are equally important and inter-connected.
There are six areas covered by the early learning goals and educational programmes for children from 0 – 5 years of age:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development